Diocese of Marquette County
St. John Paul II Catholic Academy seeks a dynamic long-term substitute Junior High Math & Science Teacher to join their passionate staff in Menominee, MI! As a long-term substitute Junior High Math & Science Teacher, you will be responsible for promoting the intellectual growth of Math and Science subject matter and skills of our students and engaging in learning in a Christ-centered environment. You will also be responsible for communicating with other staff members and the students’ parents on the students’ progress. This position has the potential to become permanent in the fall.
COMPENSATION St. John Paul II Catholic Academy puts great value in the long-term substitute Junior High Math & Science Teacher position by offering a competitive salary commensurate with education and teaching experience.
- Paid holidays, PTO, and sick days
- Flexible summer schedule
- Health insurance or Health stipend
- Faculty tuition benefit
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field
- 2 years of teaching experience at any level
- In class management experience
- Background in teaching Math and Science
- Teaching experience in K-8 school
- Certification in teaching Math and/or Science
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
APPLY ONLINE BELOW!
ABOUT St. John Paul II Catholic Academy is a Pre-K through 8th-grade private Catholic academy serving Menominee, MI since 1876. For the past 140 years, our approach to education is to set a high standard of excellence and support students as they strive to achieve it. We pride ourselves in our small class sizes, joyful students and teachers, and a curricula that focuses on aiming students towards Truth, Beauty, and Goodness.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy is committed to partnering with families to provide high-quality academic education in a safe environment based on the religious teachings of the Roman Catholic Faith.
Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will be recognized throughout the Menominee area as a vibrant, distinctively Catholic elementary school in the classical liberal arts tradition. Faculty and staff at Saint John Paul II Catholic Academy will provide students with individualized attention in a Christian atmosphere of acceptance and challenge in order to aid them in:
- Growing in Christ and the Catholic faith,
- Developing a strong feeling of self-worth, and
- Being academically prepared for their future.
Learn more at jpiicatholicacademy.org